Are you seeking around for frameworks or libraries to conduct a successful front-end development? Well, you will find many but not all of them are...
CakePHP vs Laravel: What to Choose for Web Development
Tugs-of-war between different backend PHP frameworks have been happening for ages. With the increasing community of developers, people are evangelizing their favorite one and cannot stop discussing. As a result, an unwanted outbreak of technology comparison has taken place between different PHP frameworks such as Laravel vs CakePHP, CodeIgniter vs Laravel, Symfony vs Laravel, Yii vs CodeIgniter – these duels are endless!
The following post emphasizes on Laravel vs CakePHP that tops the charts of popular PHP frameworks and both have a tremendous developer base.
Table of Content
We being reputed Laravel developers in India do offer CakePHP and Laravel development services. So, one of those one-sided articles asserting which PHP framework is best founded on any presumption or sponsorship. Here you will find everything about both Laravel and CakePHP. In the end, you will decide what’s best for you and not us.
2. Laravel Framework
Laravel is server side, open source and easy to learn PHP Framework. Laravel comes with MVC also known as hierarchical Model View Controller, Laravel is considered as one of the most powerful PHP frameworks for app development which helps to increase productivity and provide a wide range of development solutions. Having its architectural model MVC, Laravel developers are able to separate layouts therefore business logics can be made easily.
Being an open-source PHP framework, Laravel offers a wide range of intimidating features leading to the creation of robust web applications. It may quite interest you to know that the Laravel framework leads to immediate deployment, DB query, routing, templating, ORM, and listing all due to the fact that it comprises a vast ecosystem.
Key Features of Laravel
2.1 Dependency management
Being one of the greatest characteristics of the framework in particular, it allows us to learn contemporary web apps so that we can better understand the service container (IoC) functionality. For those who don’t know what is the IoC (convert invert) or service container, one of the strongest instruments used for managing class dependencies.
Dependency injection is what we call removing and injecting hard-coded courses via a composer-like instrument.
2.2 Eloquent ORM
Laravel Framework has support for Eloquent ORM (Object Relational Model) which helps web developers in working with databases. It implements an active record pattern.
Out of every contemporary web based application, authentication is a mere component but an important one. Writing authentication to other frameworks such as CodeIgniter can take a lot of your development time in writing. Moreover, Laravel framework offers a box authentication scheme using an easy command.
Much like the rail frame of the Ruby, Routing perspective in Laravel development is way simpler to comprehend. This feature can be used for easily creating a restful application. Moreover, you can group, name, filter, and connect your model information to the paths. Last but certainly not least, to create search engines-friendly URLs, its routes can be very flexible and controlled.
Gone are the days when plain text passwords were a necessity. But it may quite interest you to know that Laravel offers a secure web development environment. Moreover, it saves all the passwords as a hash. By using BCrypt, Laravel offers SQL injection attack safety and also escapes all user entries to prevent script tags from being rejected.
3. CakePHP Framework
CakePHP is a free, open-source rapid web development framework. It is a PHP based framework that is based on an object oriented model. . When programming any web application, the framework acts as a foundation structure. With this framework, CakePHP developers are able to work in a structured and rapid manner without any loss of flexibility.
It may quite interest you to know that many PHP development companies have agreed that CakePHP takes the monotony out of web development as it eliminates the need for developing web applications right from scratch.
Key Features of CakePHP Framework
3.1 MVC pattern
As mentioned above, Model-View-Controller (MVC architecture) targets modern programming requirements and with CakePHP, you get to know a unique way of working on various departmental aspects in a vitally planned database model.
3.2 CRUD Scaffolding
CRUD Scaffolding needed to run basic functionalities in databases like Create, Read, Update and Delete. CRUD Scaffolding can help developers in many ways like advanced filters in databases which give you complete control over production dynamics.
3.3 Built-in Validation
Another interesting feature in particular that allows for the flow of entities, validation methods, and features resulting in easier development.
3.4 Extend with Plugins
Try to hire CakePHP developers who can easily reuse code and build on existing facilities by extending programs with a wide range of new features available in the form of components, behaviors, helpers, and extensions. The new features easily modularized an app for ever-changing requirements.
It may quite interest you to know that CakePHP entirely runs on the Autodetect feature. This means no configuration is required as long as there is a need for any kind of fixing or installation.
4. Laravel vs CakePHP: Key Differences
By now one gets to understand the basic concept associated with the Laravel and CakePHP framework. Furthermore, it’s time to spot the difference between both Laravel and CakePHP. Let’s delve into a head to head comparison between CakePHP vs Laravel.
Nowadays, PHP has established itself as a leading tool for programmers in designing dynamic online applications. PHP frameworks provide developers with an excellent web application development solution that offers a slew of perks.
1. Templates: Developers may utilize the Laravel Framework to create a user-friendly web application that makes use of HTML template functionalities. CakePHP makes heavy use of template files and so offers less functionality than Laravel.
2. Testing: Testing is critical for a Laravel developer. CakePHP does not have functionality for data binding. As a result, the CakePHP framework is not selected as the best choice in certain cases.
3. Planning: Because Laravel adheres to the MVC design, which is utilized for a variety of app functions, it makes use of mixed data validity. On the other hand, CakePHP makes use of the HMVC model, which lacks data validation mechanisms.
4. Execution: Nowadays, Laravel is a highly regarded open-source framework that supports MVC architecture and makes use of mixed data validation methodologies. It has the potential to provide high-end capabilities. In comparison, CakePHP also performs well with modest data sets. Nonetheless, CakePHP is not as popular for bigger tasks as Laravel. CakePHP is deficient in terms of data binding mechanisms.
5. Authentication: Laravel is an excellent alternative for data backup and establishing a point of view. This is one of the primary reasons for its current popularity. CakePHP’s Achilles heel is data backup, making it less desirable for particular use cases.
6. Advanced Functionality: Because MVC is a model-view-controller architecture, minor modifications to an app’s mechanism will influence the app’s representation. When utilizing the CakePHP framework, the adjustments are simple to implement. Laravel places a premium on flawless HTML and attractive components for displaying simple information.
7. Clobbering: While Laravel is a dependable framework with a unique two-way binding mechanism, some issues do occur. As a result of these drawbacks, it is not recommended for data backup. In comparison to Laravel, CakePHP makes things simple and straightforward.
5. Who is the clear winner: Laravel vs CakePHP
We have reached almost the end of the match between Laravel vs CakePHP, by now you must have known what these open source frameworks are all about. Selecting the right PHP framework mainly depends on the project requirements, time of work, and the web development company you choose.Laravel and CakePHP have their own unique features and limitations that make them favorable in some aspects. On and all, let your natural creativity and curiosity guide you. Other than that, feel free to connect with a reliable CakePHP and Laravel development company like eTatvaSoft that offers the best possible services.