Laravel Developer Skills That Every Good Web Developer Must Possess!
Is now a good time to become a web developer or boost your career as one? Technology rules the world, take any innovation into account whether it’s as simple as WhatsApp or as groundbreaking as eCommerce, gaming, food-delivery, or travel booking apps. I mean who could have thought of receiving products in their space just with the help of a few clicks? Every website or any application we use is built by a programmer —but do you exactly have any idea what these geeks are supposed to do? How do they end up creating such software to ease your lives? The following post not just focuses on any other developer but Laravel developers. Who are they? What are the roles and responsibilities of a Laravel developer? Certain skills can make one a cut above.
Table of Content
- The Market Scenario of the Development Frameworks
- Why Choose Laravel Over Others?
- Who is a web or a Laravel Developer?
- Work and Responsibilities of Laravel Developers
- Skills Required to Become an Excellent Laravel Developer
- Are You Willing to Hire a Web or a Laravel Developer?
Someone being on the outside might find this a bit more complex, complicated, confusing, and least interesting field but trust me I have been in this industry for a long haul and somehow the development realm manages to fascinate me and keep me inspired all the time. So let’s begin!
1. The Market Scenario of the Development Frameworks
Web development space seems to have been traveling at a lightning speed. And those who are not riding the wave might have a lot to lose. For those who don’t know what I am talking about, web frameworks are platforms that help programmers to create, deploy and maintain applications in a short span of time.
Globally speaking the web development market is pretty much scared into a variety of categories and subcategories. Key players such as Google Inc., Facebook Inc., Meteor Development Group Inc., LARAVEL, Symfony, Django Software Foundation, Vue.js, Blue Spire Inc., and Cake Software Foundation, Inc are working day in and day out to take the technological innovations to the next level.
Now if you have already entered the web development space then you might know the good, and the bad aspects but if you are confused that this industry can offer ample opportunity and stability like others then let me tell you that the COVID-19 pandemic has been acting as a pure bliss here. A plethora of opportunities seems to have been created for the IT industry. Other sectors did get adversely affected but not the IT industry. No matter how brick and mortar your business is, creating as well as maintaining a website is a must-do thing.
I am sure you must have noticed that irrespective of the situation going around, Whether you are just binge-watching or scrolling through Facebook, and Insta stories, checking the news, or even making some crucial payments online, either this way or that somehow we all have started relying on technology. But here comes the big question, do you have any idea how this is done? Who built this and ensures its flawless maintenance? A bunch of brilliant web developers, who else?
Nowadays, the number of frameworks has been increasing lately. Some of the finest web application development frameworks include Ruby on Rails, Django, Angular, ASP.Net, Meteor, Laravel, Express, CodeIgniter and so more. Among all these, Laravel rules with elegance, simplicity, and readability. Further, I would like to emphasize what the Laravel framework is all about and why one needs to consider it right away for their upcoming web development project.
2. Why Choose Laravel Over Other PHP Frameworks?
Taylor Otwell was the one who came up with the idea of creating an open-source PHP framework. The main objective at that time was to create a more advanced version of CodeIgniter. Due to some of its intimidating features such as the Command Line Interface called Artisan, Support for the Database system, and migrations, Laravel gained popularity over all these years. So again, why choose Laravel instead of other available frameworks?
1. MVC Architecture
Laravel incorporates MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectural pattern, which is pretty easy to use. Not just that, this pattern enables PHP developers to create apps irrespective of their sizes in no time. Now when a PHP Laravel developer has to work on a large project, the issue is that they have to work on lots of unstructured code. By using web artisans, Laravel developers in India can organize large projects with more than five files. This not just reduces unnecessary clutter but also ensures high-end maintainability. Coming back to the MVC, it becomes way easier for a PHP developer to find files in the logical directories. Not just that, here they get full control of the development process and how the final outcome will be.
2. Authentication and Authorization
Another interesting aspect offered by laravel framework is that it offers the best possible Authentication and Authorization system. That is, the framework excels when it comes to security.
3. Template Engines
Template Engines are the must-have things especially when Programming tasks. It works as a basic yet crucial tool for managing textual data in web applications. In simple words, the data model is connected at first, and with the help of a template engine, the code further proceeds in the source templates. As an output, you receive a typical text file. Seems quite tricky, isn’t it? Well, to ease the process and streamline it well, we do require a template engine.
4. Artisan Console
Artisan is the very own command-line interface of Laravel framework technology. Right from publishing packages to assets, managing database migrations, seeding, and generating boilerplate code for new controllers, models, and migrations, it covers it all! In fact, most of the team of PHP developers feel extremely blessed to have this feature as it frees them from creating proper code skeletons.
5. Eloquent ORM
The Eloquent ORM is another excellent feature offered by the Laravel framework. With its help, developers can easily conduct Object-relational mapping.
3. Who is a Web or a Laravel Developer?
A PHP developer or a Laravel developer is an expert who excels at creating solutions using the Laravel framework. . Living a life as a Laravel developer is extremely easy, as you see the framework automatically works wonders with its set of high-end tools and libraries. A Laravel programmer simply needs to keep an eye on the whole Jenga building, how it is designed, what features can be integrated, and other core things.
4. Work and Responsibilities of Laravel Developers
Now further below I would like to mention some common responsibilities of a Laravel developer.
- He has to develop as well as maintain the best PHP web apps
- Creating state-of-the-art PHP applications by consulting the UX team is required in their all-day’s work.
- He has to follow all the web development standards to create apps
- Has good know-how on fundamental design principles
- Is a true leader who has no fear of conducting a development life cycle right from start to finish.
- Convey as well as monitor every task
- Solves technical as well as some nontechnical issues
- Is well acquainted with the drawbacks of the Laravel framework
- Proper Documentation
- Keeps himself updated regarding new trends and follows the best web development practices.
1. Qualifications of a Laravel Expert
- Bachelor’s Degree/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or similar relevant field
- Experienced with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
Software testing (PHP Unit Testing, PHPSpec, Behat)
- Does know how to conduct effective communication
- Should know what it takes to think out of the box and be a problem-solver.
5. Skills Required to Become an Excellent Laravel Developer
Today’s market seems to be full of all kinds of amazing developers who have been working with different sets of technologies. So what can make you a cut above as a laravel developer? The number one reason is having some profound knowledge.
Further below I would like to mention a few nerve-wracking skills a great laravel developer or a development team should have:
1. Laravel Web Development Skills
- HTML – HyperText Markup Language lies at the core of every website. Having deep knowledge about this, developers can understand exactly what a headline, the body text, and the subheadings are.
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheets, are mainly used for the front-end part. By combining both HTML and CSS, one can structure as well as create an impressive styling like never before.
2. Developer Communication Skills
Another basic yet crucial skill required to become a successful Laravel or any other developer is having effective communication skills. One misunderstanding might end up ruining everything. Now if you think communication is all about just passing the message then you are mistaken. It also requires adequate listening. Being a Laravel developer, you must know how to conduct verbal, non-verbal, and written communication with either clients or team members. Yes, non-verbal means via body language.
As a developer one shouldn’t be communicating just for the sake of it. He or she must know when their contribution is required and when not!
3. Leadership Quality of a Laravel Programmer
Last but certainly not least, today you are a developer but tomorrow who knows you will be a trainer or even a project manager. A developer must possess some good leadership qualities such as Integrity, self-awareness, gratitude, learning agility, empathy, courage, and respect.
6. Are You Willing To Hire a Web or a Laravel Developer?
If so, you will find plenty of information and Laravel development companies around. However, not all of them are apt for you. So, it is advisable to choose wisely! But I am sure you will find your way! Just hang in there and don’t give up so easily!
Hardik Dhanani has a strong technical proficiency and domain expertise which comes by managing multiple development projects of clients from different demographics. Hardik helps clients gain added-advantage over compliance and technological trends. He is one of the core members of the technical analysis team.