Prime Benefits of Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
With so many buzzing programming languages out there, each of a kind. PHP somehow manages to gain the top spot even in 2021. Appeared in 1995, today the concept of PHP development and hiring dedicated PHP developers are welcomed by 80% of the whole Internet.
The following post focuses on what’s all the hype about the technology, and how hiring PHP developers could be beneficial for the long run?
Table of Content
- About PHP Development
- Who is a PHP Developer?
- The Rise of Dedicated PHP Developers
- Prime Benefits of Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
1. About PHP Development
Wondering how PHP looks like? I am sure you must have seen an elephant in the image section when looking for PHP’s logo. Well, the development framework does have an elephant as its mascot character. Do you know why?
The ElePHPant logo was originally introduced and created in 1998 for the PHP community by Vincent Pontier – spiritual father of thousands of ElePHPants around the world. In 1998, there were mostly CGI scripts used for dynamic websites. Vincent’s friend, François Buffière, introduced him to the PHP language. Vincent came up with the ElePHPant by drawing PHP letters on paper and playing with them a little. He noticed they were in the shape of an elephant. Also, This is the elephant’s mascot character “ElePHPant”. It is not an Elephant (elephant), but the word “PHP” is between words.
To cut the long story short…
If you ask me to explain in simple words, PHP is a programming language mainly used for web development purposes. Open source web development framework, easy to learn and develop, cost-effective, data flexibility, are some of the core benefits of using PHP development instead of any other.
The name PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor and denotes a server-side scripting language. This means any application written and run on web servers and they do not depend on the web browser. With time passing by, there has been a major shift from a newbie to a language being ranked among the best programming languages worldwide. Today, PHP is the fifth most popular coding language.
Earlier, PHP development services were used for web development and it used to truly excel in that area but not anymore. Due to its unimaginable versatility, the scripting language results from its excellent ability to combine with other programming languages. For instance, dedicated PHP developers can write extensions using the C language.
This enables adding even more functionality. Moreover, PHP has a large number of available libraries and frameworks that extend its capabilities even further. The most popular examples of such frameworks are Laravel, Symfony, Phalcon, Zend Framework, and Yii.
2. Who is a PHP Developer?
Well, A PHP developer is mainly responsible for writing server-side web application logic. Their day-to-day work comprises developing back-end components, connecting the application with the other (often third-party) web services, and supporting the front-end developers by integrating their work with the application. They are also often required to develop and integrate plugins for certain popular frameworks.
A dedicated PHP developer is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Developing all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness must be their prime focuses. Moreover, he or she will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, hiring PHP developers who have a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium services platforms
- Prepare and maintain all applications using standard development tools
- Provide technical related consultation plus the expertise to all product managers as well as various staff members.
- Write technical as well as non-technical specifications such as product features, communication protocols, programming languages, functionalities, deadlines and etc with the record of all procedures
- Review product needs documents and participates in calls integration with partners.
- Convey effectively all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Communicate with other departments to solve any issues that crop up while establishing the priorities, choosing the best solutions and developing strategies for new content creation.
- To keep up with the latest programming practices and technologies via training sessions, relevant professional workshops, reading sessions, seminars and conferences.
2. Skills and Qualifications
- Of course, he should be having a strong knowledge of the PHP web development framework
- Understanding full synchronized behaviour of PHP
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance – Depending on the specific project
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
There are some common mistakes that some PHP developers make such as not having good communication skills, a lack of problem-solving ability, and not thinking critically. So you have to be careful while hiring PHP developers.
3. The Rise of Dedicated PHP Developers
Over the years, outlining your business or services on a digital platform may prove very profitable. Hiring an expert can serve you in many ways. Further, we will see the top gains of hiring professional developers for future technology challenges.
Businesses nowadays believe that hiring the right professional can serve you in many ways. To build world-class apps, one does require a dedicated development team, IT infrastructure, and robust delivery centres.
4. Prime Benefits of Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
With more than 80% of the market share, PHP development and PHP developers are pretty much in demand. Further below I would like to discuss a few benefits of hiring a PHP developer for your upcoming web development project.
1. Get High Return on Investment (ROI)
We all know that there is huge competition out there irrespective of the field of business. Due to which business owners are willing to make some wise investments in the technology space. After all, everything is about getting good results and benefits. PHP development not just empowers businesses to create dynamic websites but at a reasonable cost. In addition, you get informative content and more relevant results to the visitors. This helps in generating higher ROI for versatile businesses.
2. Better Turnaround Time
One of the core reasons to hire a PHP development service provider is a good turnaround time for the project delivery. They accord you the highest quality development in the shortest period. Thanks to the plentiful resources that are possible with companies that administer these services. If you have any critical projects to be performed, they will live up to your expectations and meet the demands.
Companies should not be vague about communication being hindered because of various time zones. Offshore web developers are highly professional and very stringent about client satisfaction. They regularly keep their clients in the loop, share necessary updates, and keep them informed of the proceedings in the backdrop.
It may not surprise you to know that you feel sitting adjacent to the group’s room in a separate cabin to talk about projects – this is plausible due to their sincere communication and service ethics.
3. Highly Skilled Programmers
Most PHP development companies tend to follow their own procedures for recruiting their coders and developers. Therefore, the programmers who would be handling your projects would be highly qualified and experienced. This will vastly improve the quality of your work, infusing your project with ingenious ideas and fresh perspectives.
4. Business-Oriented Strategy
Make sure to choose a PHP development company that adheres to a business-oriented path when it comes to working. They must be capable of managing the job while keeping you in the loop with each stage completion so that you can have tabs on your project.
When you hire a dedicated PHP developer, please be at rest that a whole assemblage of programmers and designers are assigned to your project. Additionally, the job technically doesn’t get delayed even if a person calls in sick. There always is an entire group to back up if one of the developers isn’t available.
Last but not the least, PHP developers adhere to the timeline strictly and they work to achieve timely submission of the project. This further increases the technical assistance and offers the power to come out even stronger by overcoming all the challenges. The results that finally come out are exceptional.
So that’s all for now! Keep watching the space to know more.
Hardik Dhanani has a strong technical proficiency and domain expertise which comes by managing multiple development projects of clients from different demographics. Hardik helps clients gain added-advantage over compliance and technological trends. He is one of the core members of the technical analysis team.