The Leading Nodejs Trends for Web App Development
Being an application developer, you must be aware of the fact that the least amount of time spent is on your app developmen, and more time spent is on managing js frameworks resulting in huge loss of productivity and creativity. And trying to combine three or four systems seamlessly can be extremely tricky. Nothing is perfect even if it is so well-established as a WordPress (the platform does have compatibility and performance issues). Initially, when I came across the term Node.js development, I couldn’t figure out what the hype was all about.
Table of Content
- About NodeJS
- Top NodeJS Frameworks
- Some Key Features of NodeJS
- Leading Trends of NodeJS Development
- When to use NodeJS
Introduced a decade ago, NodeJS has been the talk of the town since then. With 59000+ stars on GitHub and more than a billion downloads, the technology has become the fastest-growing open-source to conduct projects. Earlier when server-based applications were developed there was a kind of void; this is when NodeJs came into the picture.
1. What is Node js Development?
Also, NodeJS is single-threaded which means it can easily employ a concurrency model on the basis of an event loop. All this happens without even blocking the execution. In simple words, the tech has the potential to handle concurrent operations without creating any multiple threads of execution.
Best used cases of NodeJS development services include creating I/O Bound applications, Data Streaming applications, robust real time apps, JSON APIs based mobile app development, Single Page web app development.
Also, it does offer a plethora of benefits such as:
- A reliable open-source network platform
- The Lightweight framework comprises of bare minimum js modules
- Being asynchronous; it works way faster than other frameworks
- The cross-platform framework effectively runs on Windows, Mac & Linux etc multiple platforms.
2. Top NodeJS Frameworks
In the mobile app and web development realm, everything seems to be drastic and consistent in regards to NodeJS. The aforementioned benefits have inspired lots and lots of developers to choose NodeJS framework. Further below I would like to mention some of the most popular js frameworks worth taking into account.
- Meteor.JS – One of the best reasons for choosing Meteor.js is that it is not suitable for all apps, especially games. And since all major websites are mobile compatible, wrapping it in a web browser and releasing it in a seamless manner makes perfect sense.
Over the years, the framework hasn’t pretty much changed as prototyping an app has always been quick. Also, no API needs to be set up or any security around it other than app-based logic. There is no need to rewrite it as a proper app. In simple words, keep working on the framework and polish the design and execute js code. It may also interest you to know that by analyzing things in a clever manner, you can design the app in such a manner that it feels like a native app by using pop-ups for new screens to stimulate Android Activities.
- Express.JS – Most of the NodeJS app developers including us often seek around for frameworks that are fast, popular, and flexible featuring a powerful collection of features for both web development as well as mobile application development. Express.js is one such name to reckon with an amazing API allowing its end-users to send and receive certain requests and eases the coordination between frontend and database.
Right from allowing you to plot single and multi-page with different web applications to available with Model View Controller to create eccentric applications to rendering large HTML pages dynamically and allowing NodeJS developers to respond to HTTP requests with the help of a software glue are some of the vital benefits offered by Express.js. The framework also comes with a multiple view support system with I/O and robust and powerful backend API making routine easier and faster.
- Koa.JS – With 29000+ stars on GitHub and more than 330K npm weekly downloads, Kao.js is another interesting software development framework worth considering. Built by the same team of Express.js, this one is smaller, costlier, and has a more robust foundation for web applications and APIs. Here professionals can easily ditch callbacks and increase error-handling, by leveraging async functions. What does a Koa application look like? It comprises an object containing an array of middleware functions mainly composed and executed in a stack-like manner upon request.
Right from improving interoperability, robustness, and making writing middleware more enjoyable to being lightweight (550 lines of code) to offering great user experience and error handling, cleaner & more readable async code are some of the advantages of using Kao.js. Now that you can stop using callbacks and deal with errors in a faster manner, the tech allows you to build web applications with great performance. Other than this, improved security can be achieved as the framework comprises different middlewares and headers.
- Gives NodeJS service providers an ability to interact with your database abstractly. All you have to do is create and annotate classes with decorators.
- Create service layer classes to handle the business logic of your application.
- Controllers are created that respond to HTTP requests.
- Secure all the endpoints that have been created with controllers right from the start.
- Create microservices with Nest. Cool.
- Build a GraphQL Interface easily
- Hapi.JS – GitHub rates Hapi.js with 11000+ stars with 250K weekly downloads, the NodeJS development framework is highly recommended for building applications and services. Also, the frameworks enable developers to focus on composing reusable application logic as opposed to going through a long stretch of time in building foundation every single time when out of luck. Right from providing a robust plugin system allowing you to add new features/fixing bugs at a fanatic pace, enables to build scalable APIs, get a deeper control over request handling, detailed API reference and good support for document generation, the rare availability of caching, authentication, and input validation, and provides good enterprise plugins such as joi, yar, catbox, boom, tv, and travelogue.
3. Some Key Features that make NodeJS Popular
- Server and Hardware – One of the crucial factors of NodeJS is that performance can be determined easily. Ample time, energy, and money are being saved resulting in a more effective development process. With a good amount of improvement in project quality, the cost automatically gets lowered.
- Scalability & Reusability – It may quite interest you to know that every NodeJS web and mobile development services are performance-oriented and have the potential to significantly impact the execution speed and scalability of the project. Another interesting aspect here is that only the part of the affected code needs to be changed rather than changing the entire coding structure. Also by reducing logic replication, the framework can be used by multiple applications.
- Microservices – Code maintenance becomes easy in regards to functioning as microservices aim to support the no-server approach and enhances effectiveness in projects.
- Real-time apps – Another most common use of NodeJS is building real-time applications. Apps featuring this real-time to create a more prominent level of client commitment. More and more platforms like social networks, live chats, gaming apps, ad servers, stock exchange software are emerging and are rising, expressing that speed is everything today! In fact, hundreds and thousands of data-intensive and real-time IoT devices & apps can be served by utilizing NodeJS applications. Nonetheless, in real-time apps, the danger of overburdening the server is amazingly high. But NodeJS makes the collaboration environment update seamlessly due to Event API and Web Sockets. Trello is the best example of a web-app where there is real-time collaboration. Some of the best examples of real-time applications include video conference app, document sharing, voice over internet protocol, online gaming, eCommerce transactions like stockbroking, chatting apps, instant messaging such as WhatsApp.
- Internet of things (IoT) – As I said before, NodeJS is a runtime environment used not only to run and create IoT apps but acts as a solid match for building IoT applications since it permits you to execute microservices, real-time capabilities, and data-centric approaches. Quicker and constant execution are the two main advantages of using NodeJS in IoT applications. NodeJS possesses less memory and low asset necessities on the server-side. In this manner, engineers can make versatile and productive applications.
4. The Leading Trends of NodeJS Development in 2020
1. Serverless Architecture
Being popular for its serverless architecture, NodeJS allows you to create an application without having to worry about the maintenance of servers. The serverless architecture means reduced reliance on hardware and servers. And because of the serverless architecture, the framework offers a wide range of benefits in regards to code quality, diminished project cost, reusable code modules, and better flexibility.
2. GraphQL deployment in Node JS Apps
GraphQL is a data querying and manipulation programming language for APIs being developed by Facebook. In the year 2019, GraphQL saw the highest peak in its popularity. Interestingly, it is still growing and is all set to dominate NodeJS development trends in 2022.
With the help of GraphQL, NodeJS developers can easily make use of the sources of multiple data. It even facilitates the workflow of an application on a wide range of platforms and offers sample placeholder structure for the new ones. Lastly, the moment you incorporate GraphQL in any existing NodeJS application, its ability to fetch data increases by at least 50%.
3. Cloud Solutions
As the point implies, here we will be discussing building and editing existing cloud apps with NodeJS. The serverless structure provides great assistance in simplifying the cloud app construction right from the scratch.
Keeping the intense popularity of NodeJS development in mind, Google has come up with a wide range of NodeJS tools available for web developers that can be used for faster cloud application development. Also, one cannot deny the fact that cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning models will be ruling the world in the future.
5. When to use NodeJS
It is always advisable to use NodeJS in developing streaming and event-based real-time applications such as:
- Chat Applications
- Game Servers
- Creating a collaborative environment
- Advertisement servers
- Streaming servers
When Not to
However, NodeJS can be used for a lot of applications with a wide range of purposes. So the main situation where it shouldn’t be utilized is if there are long handling occasions which are required by the application.
So, That’s all for now! NodeJS development has been gaining lots and lots of traction lately. The aforementioned node js trends will surely play a decisive role in the web development and mobile app development realm to ensure the scalability of the application. This means you have no reason not to trust the technology and eTatvaSoft – your reliable NodeJS mobile app development company.