Being one of the largest independent operators of hospitals, the company desired to develop a platform which succeeds in developing the confidence to fight against one of the deadliest diseases named cancer. Basically, a support system that provides empathy towards those who are suffering from those who have already been through all this.
Services used on this project
Web ServerLinux, Apache
There is no denying in the fact that cancer is one of the most deadly diseases that have been affecting human beings for years. Call it a misfortune or bad luck, even after severe advancement in technology we aren't able to create medicine or a procedure that can completely cure it. This is why the client approached us with a rare idea of launching a website that would provide a unique platform for cancer patients to share their views or apathy related to this deadly disease.
Core requirements were:
- Allow people to share their experiences, such as prevention needed or medicines for cancer that can be used.
- Creating a website that makes things easy for people to find others who are fighting with the same disease as theirs.
- Secure login to users profile for accessing the contents on the website and option to set visibility for their posts.
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter.
- Easily accessible by anyone from any part of the world and at any time.
To respond to our client's demand, we developed the entire project with PHP, Symfony, and MySQL. The website acts more like a community featuring of the list of people who are survivors, fighters, and supporters of cancer. Also, here, users can post blogs based on their respective experiences.
This is the one-stop solution to cancer patients from all over the world to share their experiences related to cancer. The website also acted as a medium where supporters and survivors of cancer could provide a ray of hope to those suffering from the disease. Also, various precautions and treatments can be discussed through the website.
Key features were:
- Easy filtration based on age, sex, year in which cancer was diagnosed and type of cancer.
- Options to search for previous discussions.
- Discussions and forums available that allows the user to ask questions. User can reply to the queries of others or read the replies given by others.
- Blog: Users can post their experiences including how they dealt with cancer and the medicines, precautions that are needed to be taken
- My Circle: User can create a group with people close to the user and can control posts that are to be shown to the circle only. Other users will have the option to add new posts and opportunity to view/ search posts submitted by other users
Plan and Pricing Page
What can we help you with?
If you are interested in finding out more about how we can help your organization, please provide your details and project requirements. We'll get back to you soon.